Friday, September 12, 2008

Just an update

Ok, so no Soy Sauce ramblings this time. Just a simple update on what I have been up to lately. This past weekend, Lisa and I put together a wooden play set for Alycea. I am so thankful for Lisa's organizational skills. We bought the building from Toys R Us as a big kit. She actually took the time to label every piece of wood and seperate the hardware (nails, screws, etc...) into little baggies corresponding to each step in the instructions. Needless to say, while time consuming, the assembly was a piece of cake. We just have to attach the swings and anchor it to the ground. Alycea will soon be in swing set heaven.

I have been playing some volleyball lately. I have been blessed with meeting some great guys in Frisco that I actually get along with. We have been playing a league in Frisco that is suprisingly pretty competetive (although there are some teams that are definitely not). Last night we went to this place in Richardson to play with 'the big boys' and I felt we did very well. In fact, we were able to beat the team that usually holds the court (when we play winner stays). It helps that we picked up the best player in the gym, but I was impressed by how fast our team is on defense. Personally, I have been motivated lately because one of the people that plays in Frisco was the Division II All American Libero last year (not to mention Division II record holder for digs in a season) and plays very inspiring defense. I have decided to try to elevate my defense. I think we can be competetive this season in USAV (I didn't say we would win, especially since here in the NT region, they mix all level, but we wont embarrass ourselves). Now I need to get over this latest bout of knee pain I have gotten from overtraining lately.

I am so glad football season is here. Baseball is big here in the office and I think that if football season had come up any later, I would have hung myself. But my Broncos are off to a great start after embarrassing the hated Raiders this past weekend. Bring on the banged up Chargers!

Kinda bummed that I will miss game day this weekend because I have to w@rk.

No comments: